
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
I first discovered Madeleine L'Engle when a friend gave me a copy of her book Walking on Water. If you love art and believe that there is truth in beauty, I would highly recommend that you pick up a copy of Walking on Water.
It was that book, written in 1980, that inspired me to pick up A Wrinkle in Time which she wrote in 1962 and for which she is better known.
Wrinkle has the feel of The Matrix meets Hinds Feet on High Places. It has a touch of fantasy, a touch of sci-fi, it is sort of an extended allegory that explores Christian themes without necessarily blending those themes into a coherent whole.
It's one of those books that you get the sense you can't really fully appreciate until you discuss it with others who have read it. Very much suited to a book club with a spiritual bent.
I thought it was great and it is clear to me why many people consider it a classic.
It will remain a permanent part of my personal library.
Recommended!
3 comments:
I read this years ago, but it remains one of my favorites! Love Madeline L'Engle.
Madeleine is absolutely brilliant. She is one of the few famous people I would love to meet, and thank her for words that have changed my life.
I read this book as a child. If someone asked me today of my most memorable book from my childhood, this would definitely be in my top three, if not THE fave. I really need to read this again as an adult. Thank for the inspiration!
Post a Comment