Saturday, November 17, 2007

This is @!$%&*#@! Bogus

"Survey says 'never mind the b******s'

"Allowing staff to swear at work can benefit them and their employers, according to researchers at the University of East Anglia."

Hello? Just the type of study to be put out by a bunch of academic pin-heads. What brings solidarity to the work place is doing things you aren't supposed to do while hiding them from "the man". Such as:

1) Swearing (when customers are not around)
2) Drinking on the job (a 4:30pm Friday margarita can do wonders for staff morale)
3) Calling your boss a first-class moron whose lack of people skills is exceeded only by his Napoleonic complex (whoopsie, did I say too much?)

Swearing is not the key - "breaking the rules" is.

One of the first things I say to my assistants is, "My wife and I have been married for over 15 years - we STILL get on each others nerves from time-to-time. Chances are, you will get on my nerves and I will get on yours. When you need to express yourself - do it verbally to a co-worker and not in an e-mail that will provide the proof that upper-management needs to fire you."

In other words - break the rules, don't get caught, then get back to !@#$%*$@! work!

The minute management says that swearing is "okay" is the minute the staff has to take it to the next level.

THAT doesn't sound productive.

No comments: