I finally wrestled the battery loose and set off to trade it for a new one at Farm & Fleet. While there, I noticed a bin of cheap wrenches. No self-respecting handyman buys cheap wrenches, so naturally, I was interested. The wrench sets were in two separate bins, but the price was the same, so I just grabbed the nearest set. Back home, I was almost giddy at the idea of installing the battery now that I had the proper tools. I unrolled the bag of wrenches to select a half-inch, only to find every wrench marked with "mm" instead of "inches". Two bins of wrenches, and I manage to pick the metric. the battery bolts (and pretty much everything else on the farm) are standard American.
Good news is, you can fling a metric wrench forty feet, no conversion necessary.
- from Coop by Michael Perry
Buy The Book - proceeds to benefit ACF
No comments:
Post a Comment