Friday, March 21, 2008

What's With the Green?

I know the offering here has been pretty thin gruel this week - not much more than "Hey, look at that!" and "Look over there!".

My mornings have been spent dealing with the paperwork of life etc. and it takes a while for me to actually formulate my thoughts for posting. The past few mornings have not afforded me the time.

But today is Friday and so I am going to ease up a bit and do a couple "want-to's" instead of all "have-to's".

When the wife and I found out we were pregnant, I immediately started the list making - what are we going to need to buy / do / learn? Some people advised me to take it easy and enjoy it one day at a time. Which I am totally capable of doing - ONCE ALL THE LISTS ARE DONE. Hey, the world needs all kinds . . .

This morning I pulled up the Excel Spreadsheet and discovered that I have posted all my lists to the blog. They are here if you are interested.

I want to thank those of you who have given feedback and offered tips and advice - Keep it coming! It really does help and you have changed my mind about a couple of things and informed me of a few that hadn't occurred to me.

So what's with the green? Well, Monday was St. Patrick's Day and today is the first day of Spring. But more importantly, when you don't know the sex of your child, ALL YOU CAN DO IS BUY GREEN AND YELLOW STUFF!- feel my pain.

The wife and I find out Monday, March 31st if it is a boy or girl - put in your prognostication! Vote in the poll on the right!

Today is also Good Friday, of course. It's a serious day. A solemn day. It feels like a day when people just should not be messing about. Go about your business but cut out the monkey-shines.
Some people take the day off. Some people only work 1/2 a day. I would like to take the afternoon off but I don't really feel like I deserve it. After all, I didn't observe Ash Wednesday, Lent, Maundy Thursday and the rest. At what point am I being observant and at what point am I just starting my weekend early?

But still, it feels like this should be more than just another Friday.

I suppose when it comes down to it, none of us deserve Good Friday.

The blessed weekend has arrived. The plans are to spend Saturday in the yard - Saturday evening with friends celebrating Easter Eve and Sunday with more friends yet celebrating the day itself.

It's the first day of Spring - It's Good Friday - We are at the starting gate of 6 months of spring and summer with our first baby arriving at the tail end of August.

Slap a smile on!

(Although you certainly aren't morally obligated to do so - I just thought it might be nice - and you might have a reason to . . .) ;-)

UPDATE:

The green had to go - I couldn't take it. I don't even much like the yellow. It looks good here but for some reason it doesn't seem to "go" on my blog. In any case, it's only until we get the news a week from Monday after which we can go back to the same old white which I . . . . .zzzzzzzzz . . . wha? what's that? Oh, sorry - I was boring myself to sleep there . . .

1 comment:

Sean said...

And the green is easier on the eyes than white. Have a great weekend - wish we were near.