Yesterday morning, it was still dark when I stepped out the door on my way to work and there was a red glow in the sky to the East.
I drove Eastward about a mile to a vantage point and saw a red rope of fire coiled around the base of the hills in the distance.
I visited the same vantage point yesterday afternoon on my way home from work and all was smoke and ash. It was hard to tell in the daylight if there were still active fires or if the smoke was just coming from the smoldering remains of the brush fires.
After putting up the previous post this morning, I threw on some sweats, grabbed the camera and headed out to the same vantage spot again.
Nothing. No fires in sight. It still smells like smoke but I suppose all of San Diego is going to smell like smoke for the time being.
It looks like we personally are in the clear.
No comments:
Post a Comment