Saturday, October 6, 2007

AAAAAAAnd We're Back (for now) . . .

The sweet freedom of the weekend is here and I can come up for air.

As I have previously mentioned, my old county manager was something of an optimist which led him to hang onto staff in preparation of the inevitable upturn in the market. This meant that there was a lot of thumb-twiddling by staff that didn't have much to do.

The new county manager is most definitely not an optimist. He seems to believe in staying ahead of the market by letting people go in anticipation of the future downturn. This leads to over-worked and understaffed folks coming in at 4:30am (such as myself).

Working 4:30am to 6pm does not leave much room for the rhythms and routines of normal daily life. But that is work-week talk and this is the WEEKEND!

I slept until 9am this morning. My blessed wife had made coffee before heading out to work. I loaded and started the dishwasher, did the same for the clothes washer, installed the new scanner / printer / copier / espresso maker gizmo, and now this.

*Deep breaths*

No comments: