Incoherant Ramblings from a First-Time Father of an Extraordinary Daughter, along with Musings on Life, Food, Books, Entertainment, Running and Poetry all with a Lousy Dawg
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Quote of the Day
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
Great quote. This comment has nothing to do with it.
So in October, Cam and I had a wedding to attend in SAN DIEGO! I was so psyched. I thought, we should try to meet up with Holly and Matt and Annabelle! How cool would that be. We were all set to go, making our flight arrangements and what-not, when Cam was chit-chattin' with the groom on the phone. When Cam said we were getting our flights, the groom casually mentioned that the wedding was "adults only - no kids allowed" - it was a super high-brow fancy affair, see. We were like, "WHAT?!" So. Then I thought, man, would it be super weird (and a bit creepy) to go anyways and ask Matt and Holly to babysit Bennett, who they have never met and may try to kidnap once they realize that he is adorable and Annabelle would want to have him for a little brother? And then I thought, I would totally trust them to watch Bennett and not kidnap him, but that would be weird. AND, we really couldn't afford for both of us to go so it was a good excuse to save some money.
End of the story is that Cam went to San Diego and I didn't. But.
Ha! That would have been weird in a DELIGHTFUL WAY! We would have totally watched the wee one - taken him to the zoo or Sea World. We haven't lost someone else's child since that unfortunate incident in 2002 . . .
One day our paths will cross and that will be a good day ;-)
2 comments:
Great quote. This comment has nothing to do with it.
So in October, Cam and I had a wedding to attend in SAN DIEGO! I was so psyched. I thought, we should try to meet up with Holly and Matt and Annabelle! How cool would that be. We were all set to go, making our flight arrangements and what-not, when Cam was chit-chattin' with the groom on the phone. When Cam said we were getting our flights, the groom casually mentioned that the wedding was "adults only - no kids allowed" - it was a super high-brow fancy affair, see. We were like, "WHAT?!" So. Then I thought, man, would it be super weird (and a bit creepy) to go anyways and ask Matt and Holly to babysit Bennett, who they have never met and may try to kidnap once they realize that he is adorable and Annabelle would want to have him for a little brother? And then I thought, I would totally trust them to watch Bennett and not kidnap him, but that would be weird. AND, we really couldn't afford for both of us to go so it was a good excuse to save some money.
End of the story is that Cam went to San Diego and I didn't. But.
We almost met!
Ha! That would have been weird in a DELIGHTFUL WAY! We would have totally watched the wee one - taken him to the zoo or Sea World. We haven't lost someone else's child since that unfortunate incident in 2002 . . .
One day our paths will cross and that will be a good day ;-)
Post a Comment