Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Marinated Ranch Chicken



This is one of those recipes that is so simple "recipe" seems too strong a word. That being said, I don't have much experience cooking with ranch dressing mix so I wanted to give it a shot. I was actually surprised how good it was for being so simple. I think it would turn out better grilled instead of baked though.

Servings: 2
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins

2 chicken thighs (or chicken of your choice)
2 packages dry ranch salad dressing mix
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

Yield: 1
- Combine the dressing mix, oil and vinegar in a large, resealable plastic bag and mix together. Reserve about 1/4 of marinade and refrigerate.
- Add chicken to bag, seal and shake to coat; work mixture into the meat. Refrigerate overnight.
-------------------------------------
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove chicken from bag, discarding any remaining marinade, and bake 20 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Broil to finish until chicken is golden brown
- Remove and let rest 5 minutes
- Top with reserved marinade

No comments: