From an e-mail I received:
Loved your post about monks at prayer! I would imagine the sacred discipline of constant prayer might be as valuable as the riotous street protests, or the anguished cry of a mother whose baby is starving....it is all heard...it is all valuable. The poet, the artist, the steel worker, the financial wizard, the soccer Mom, the Dad providing for his family, the neonatal intensive care nurse.....all an integral part of the whole. We don't have to decide whose efforts are more valuable perhaps? Only this I believe...that we are all created uniquely to be an important thread in a giant tapestry with brilliant, colorful design. One missing thread alters the design. And as one thread....we cannot see the divine dynamics of the entire design...only the weaver knows this. Our job, perhaps is to know how valuable our own beautiful thread is. Yep! It's all good!
1 comment:
AMEN!!!
Post a Comment