Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wheelchair Update

Well.

We applied for SSI and were denied (for the third time). It turns out I make too much money being unemployed . . . .

We sent in our applications for California Children's Services, Medi-Cal and Shriner's. I am also working on switching our insurance.

In the meantime, we have been scouring Ebay and Craig's List for a temporary chair to get us by.

More people have come forward to offer to raise funds and we are so grateful. However we feel we need to exhaust all other options before resorting to the "nuclear" option of passing the hat.

We should know where we stand in 3-4 weeks . . .

For now, prayers are appreciated.

4 comments:

whalechaser said...

I found a URL that claims they offer for free refurbished wheelchairs. They have an inventory of 30 or so, maybe one of them will fill your needs. I hope so.
Here is the link
http://www.lifenetswheelchairproject.org/pls/htmldb/f?p=224:1:299084099098195:::::

matt said...

Thank you! I filled out my application this morning!

Jessica Nunez said...

Hi Annabelle and Family... It is me Anthony's Mommy Jessica. I have not checked the blog in months and today I decided to check in with the family. Anthony is getting transitioned into a new wheelchair in the next month or so and we have his smaller wheelchair in excellent condition. I will need to have wheelchair company restitch Annabelle into seat since it reads Anthony. I would love it if you atleast looked at the possibility I really want it to go to a good home. She is so big and gorgeous....
Call me or email me....
619-204-7376 Cell
619-594-6369 Home
mimosa@cox.net

Lacy said...

If you do not find one...please let others bless you with the financial part of helping to pay for one. I would not let others help us until I was told by someone once that it's not allowing those to give who have been called to bless. It took away the guilt I felt for receiveing money from others to help bless our family. Not only do you feel God's grace by allowing others to bless you but you are also giving the ones who gave a great gift of knowing God used them in a great way to help others. ;) Just a thought.