Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ode to Summer with an Eye Towards Fall

I will admit it; I am not a "Fair" person. I have friends that are Fair people and they look at me in horror when I say I don't really appreciate the Fair. I have a dozen different reasons but I won't list them here because my dozen reasons for not going to the Fair are the same dozen reasons "Fair people" love the Fair.

But I love the idea of the Fair. And no one I have come across captures the Fair like Lileks.

This is the Minnesota State Fair, if you are wondering. And the video coupled with the music puts a bitter-sweet capper on last season while easing us into the next.

This is late summer, when all that can be done on the farm, has been done. It's a respite before the crush of harvest. A time to pause our toil and enjoy ourselves before heading back into the fields.

I just love it.

VIDEO HERE.

No comments: