Monday, September 13, 2010

D(ing)IM(yself)

I did it, I cleaned out the back shed for the first time in 2 1/2 years. I took me all day but the end result still brings tears to my eyes and brought a round of applause from the rest of the household.

So now that the shed is ship-shape and I can find/get to my tools, I am ready a rarin' to go and tackle other projects around the house.

Today I plan on pressure-washing the deck to prep it for staining. A staining that should have been done in 2008 . . .

Last February or March, we were in a four-car pile-up. It wasn't our fault but we are still fighting with the insurance company. Anyway, the back of the van is dented but the door opens and closes fine - the front is a different story. One headlight was smashed to bits and the front grill was smashed in. The van drives fine but I have been afraid to pop the hood in case I couldn't close it again.

But we have a 3000 road trip coming up next week and we can't wait on the repairs any longer. So yesterday me and a neighbor went to a junk yard, bought a headlight and popped the hood. The hood opens and closes fine but the headlight needs a few more pieces before I can put it in so it's back to the junk yard.

I think I am just going to try and fix it myself - what could go wrong?

1 comment:

Holly Linden said...

That video was WOW. Made me so nervous.