Although I listen to music when I run, I listen to a number of podcasts when I am doing yard work or driving. My podcasts are automatically loaded to my android phone via the Stitcher app which I highly recommend.
One of the great things about Stitcher is that it will suggest new podcasts based on your listening habits and one of the podcasts that came recommended about a month ago was "The Marathon Show" with Joe Taricani. It. Is. Awesome!
Joe travels to various marathons, interviews the vendors and runners at the pre-race expo and then runs the race, microphone in hand, interviewing people. In between races, Joe does a variety of call-in topics and interviews with athletes, race directors and others in the running community.
His enthusiasm for life and his love of running are infectious and I have never once listened to a podcast of his that did not have me grinning ear-to-ear and feeling better about life-in-general afterwards.
At the latest San Francisco Marathon, Joe interviewed the makers of iFitness belts and SnuggBuds and his reviews were so positive I made a note to check out their products. He also extolled the beauty of the SF race which led me to add the SF Marathon to my list of possible future races (and I don't even like San Francisco!).
At my recent AFC 5k, iFitness and Snuggbuds had booths at the expo and because of The Marathon Show, I made a point to check them out. I casually mentioned to the iFitness gals that I had heard about them on a podcast. "Marathon Joe?", the gal asked, "We love Marathon Joe!". I liked the iFitness belts and might add one to my gear sometime in the near future.
I headed over to Snuggbuds and didn't mention the show b/c I didn't want to seem like a "name dropper". I liked their headphones and made a mental note to buy a pair when my crappy drug-store headphones eventually shorted out.
All this just reinforced my love for The Marathon Show so I went online to FB and left Joe a message telling him I loved the show. He responded immediately and said he was sending me a free pair of SnuggBuds just for saying I love the show! The headphones arrived this morning. Whata Guy!
Of course, I don't want to give the impression that anyone who gives Joe a shout-out gets free stuff that would be silly. I just got lucky. But free stuff or not, The Marathon Show is a fun and informative podcast that truly celebrates life through running.
Check it out. You will be glad you did!
http://youtu.be/q2XDJf8h9BM
http://youtu.be/dcbc23Gp4Cc

No comments:
Post a Comment