Haiku Momma had a Christmas guilt post at the link.
I gotta say, I feel the same way. The most important aspect of Christmas to me is relaxation. The second most important is fun. Number of events we planned to go to and have cancelled on so far this year?: Three (which is actually all of them so far . . .)
Of course, funds are short this year as they are for many people. We bought Annie her one (1) gift which is now wrapped and under the tree. It's a kiddie table that she can wheel up to in her chair and play with toys / color etc. Imagine if every time your child dropped a toy, they could not pick it up. Yeah. We are all looking forward to Christmas table morning.
The remainder of gifts will be stocking stuffers and if there is any $ left over after that and planning the ham dinner the wife and I will each get a gift for each other. This is not a complaint - it just is what it is. Times are hard enough without adding frantic activity into the mix.
Oh, and no Christmas cards - can't afford them - so it's Christmas e-mails instead.
As cheesy as it may sound, my gold standard for Christmas remains the sentiment in this song:
That, and maybe this:
1 comment:
I second the cheesy Amy Grant song.
Has been one I have been fond of too.
Post a Comment