Monday, October 27, 2008

Support

One of the neat things that has happen to us through this site is the other families with SB that have contacted us to give us support and encouragement. There are a handful that have responded with helpful tips, advice and encouragement every step of the way and we just cannot adequately express what it has meant to us.

I hope that one day we will be able to "pass it on" as well.

A few weeks ago, we received a brown paper package with a child's drawing on the outside. Inside were a couple of blue and white home-made blankets with "Go Annabelle" embroidered on them.
Along with the blankets (which we LOVE btw and are now hanging on Annie's crib) there was a couple pieces of artwork from a little boy named Owen and his brother, Luke, who also has Spina Bifida. The first piece has some dictation put down my mom and the second has some helpful mom-pointers as well.

My favorite parts?

"She is short because there wasn't enough paper"

"Dawg's seatbelt"

and

"I have a scar and Spina Bifida just like you, Annabelle. That's it. I think it makes us special and brave"

I think so too, Luke . . .

Click on the images to enlarge:



Thank you Luke and Owen!

No comments: