Incoherant Ramblings from a First-Time Father of an Extraordinary Daughter, along with Musings on Life, Food, Books, Entertainment, Running and Poetry all with a Lousy Dawg
Monday, March 26, 2012
Quote of the Day
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
Oh, wow. This quote perfectly embodies a series of thoughts I've been having....about KONI 2012, about people's responses to KONI 2012, about what of other people's sufferings we should be engaged with (and how)...all the while raising kids and wondering how to teach them to see The Other. I keep thinking that, for all the confusion and differences of opinion that exist, it can't be wrong to hold and love and try to know as fully as I can those nearest to me.
I hear ya. For me, it hits closest to home when it comes to the adult Sunday School class I lead. Most of them are either college profs or are leading ministry elsewhere or both. I have to constantly resist the fear of being judged according to other people's values.
2 comments:
Oh, wow. This quote perfectly embodies a series of thoughts I've been having....about KONI 2012, about people's responses to KONI 2012, about what of other people's sufferings we should be engaged with (and how)...all the while raising kids and wondering how to teach them to see The Other. I keep thinking that, for all the confusion and differences of opinion that exist, it can't be wrong to hold and love and try to know as fully as I can those nearest to me.
I hear ya. For me, it hits closest to home when it comes to the adult Sunday School class I lead. Most of them are either college profs or are leading ministry elsewhere or both. I have to constantly resist the fear of being judged according to other people's values.
Post a Comment